Q: How does Zakat Foundation distribute my donation?
- A: Zakat Foundation works with trusted partners that either distribute the funds directly to the beneficiaries, or oversee the orphanage programs on a day to day basis.
Q: May I communicate with my orphan?
- A: Unfortunately, you cannot because of laws in place to protect the information of a minor. You can request an update on your sponsored orphan every year. Please email [email protected] for an update on your sponsored orphan.
Q: May I give my orphan gifts throughout the year?
- A: Yes! Zakat Foundation offers donors the option to send their orphan an Eid gift, bi-annually.
Q: What happens to my orphan after he/she turns 18?
- A: Zakat Foundation gurantees the orphans in our program are set for life either by continuing their education or by providing the orphan with some skill set.
Q: What does my donation cover?
- A: Your generosity can ensure your orphan receives quality education, shelter/clothing, food and healthcare.
Q: What does Zakat Foundation define as an "orphan"?
- A: According to the Quran and Sunnah an orphan is a child whose father is deceased. Some orphans mothers may still be living.
Q: What happens to my donation if an orphan matures?
- A: Upon exit of the Orphan Sponsorship Program Zakat Foundation of America reserves the right to reallocate your funds to the orphan most in need in the same region and/or utilize your funds for the general orphan sponsorship care. This includes but is not limited to: orphanage repair, administration fees in that country, cover delinquency of sponsorships, etc.
Q: What do I receive upon sponsorship?
- A: You may receive a Welcome Package as well as a profile upon sponsorship by request. You are eligible to receive an update every year upon request. Simply email [email protected] for an update on your sponsored orphan.
If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to Zakat Foundation directly at [email protected] or by calling our office 1.888.ZAKAT.US (925.2887)